Changing Default properties for Charts

• In SSRS 2008, is there any way to change the default font that is used for the chart labels and legends. For example, I'd like all of my charts to use Tahoma instead of Arial and I'm getting tired of changing this each time.

I'd also like to be able to set the colors in advance so that every chart in a project gets created from the same palette, how can this be done?

TIA

Dean

• dean gross (2/11/2010)

In SSRS 2008, is there any way to change the default font that is used for the chart labels and legends. For example, I'd like all of my charts to use Tahoma instead of Arial and I'm getting tired of changing this each time.

I'd also like to be able to set the colors in advance so that every chart in a project gets created from the same palette, how can this be done?

TIA

Dean

See Barry King's post here: http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/reporting-services/reporting-services-with-style/[/url], I think you could do something like this by having a template with a default chart, and the properties for the chart stored in your db.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply