Change Subnet Mask of Cluster on SQL 2008

• Is there a way to change the subnet mask of the cluster without dropping and re-adding the IP? I've got the IP properties window open, and the subnet mask is greyed out, so it seems the answer is no, but I'd rather get some real information on the subject. I can only find articles on how to change the IP. Nothing on how to change just the subnet mask.

This is an active/passive SQL 2008 cluster on server 2008.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My SQL Server Blog

• amenjonathan (10/6/2011)

Is there a way to change the subnet mask of the cluster without dropping and re-adding the IP? I've got the IP properties window open, and the subnet mask is greyed out, so it seems the answer is no, but I'd rather get some real information on the subject. I can only find articles on how to change the IP. Nothing on how to change just the subnet mask.

This is an active/passive SQL 2008 cluster on server 2008.

A cluster IP resource is bound to a cluster network. Either create a new network from a new physical NIC or modify the subnet mask on the existing physical NIC IP properties in the Windows network and sharing center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply