One of our client had to change the data server name with sql server 2005 enterprise edition installed.
I checked the server name using
I got two different server names @@SERVERNAME gave me the old server name where as SERVERPROPERTY gave me the new/current server name.
I used sp_dropserver 'old server' which said that the server name does not exist. I cross checked this in sys.servers table and didn't found an entry for old server.
However, the application is working fine and also am able to connect to sql server using the new server name but am still getting 2 different server names through @@SERVERNAME and SERVERPROPERTY even i restarted the several times; also reporting service is not working.
when am configuring the reporting services thru am able to connect to the reporting services thru new server name but when configuring "Windows service identity" the dialog box is showing old server name and the text box is disabeled.
DO I have aby alternate way to get things started apart from re installation.