Change of a data flow arrow to point to different component ?

• It doesn't seem to be possible to change a data flow arrow to point to a new component ?

i.e. If I want to insert a new "Row Count" component between a Slowly Changing Dimension component and an "Insert Destination" component for an existing ETL process.

Or is there some "trick" that can allow me to do this?

I took note of the arrow name ("New Output") and deleted the arrow and recreated the arrow to the "Row Count" component and then new arrow from this to the "Insert Destination" component.

Perhaps this is the only way to do this.

• Thinking further, I want to capture the success and error counts coming out of the  "Insert Destination" component and not prior to this component.   i.e. counting insert attempts (will be the sum of success and errors)  ... versus counting successful inserts and errors  ..

• As far as I know, you have to delete and recreate precedence constraints. It's a pain, I agree.

Regarding your second post, is that a question?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply