Change email

• Hello,

I signed up to SSC ages ago using an email address I had for years and thus was starting to get tons of spam and was missing a lot of SSC emails.  As such, I created a new email address and updated my email address in my SSC profile.

This worked great for forum post replies, but unfortunately my user name was still my old email address.  I expected this to not be a concern as I cannot change that value.  I am still finding emails from SSC going to my old address.  This is most notable with the newsletters and blogs that get posted which go to my old email.

My guess is those are going to my username while forum posts are tied to my email address.  Is there a way to get this corrected?  Either by changing the address newsletters and blogs go to OR to update my username?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Same issue for me - my current login is a work email address that will be deactivated soon, and I would like to switch to logging in with my current work email address... I have been able to do this on dozens of other sites, I can't believe it's not possible here...

• Same issue for me too.

• Same issue for me. I'd like to change my login ID, or even close my existing account and open a new one to clean up the issue, but don't see an option to do that.

• You can pick profile in the upper right, then on the side bar, edit profile. You can go down and change the email, but not the user name.

• Why can't we change the username?  It's 2022 for petes sake.  This is annoying for members that have been around for years.

• You can change the user name that is displayed.

• No, I am referring to the username that is used when logging in, not the Display Name.  You cannot change the username for the login.

• You can log in with email or user name.

I'm not sure why username can't be changed. I know I asked at one point and there was some reason, but I'll check again.

• And as you can see, I replied under the test account, which I logged into with an email that is different from the user name

• I have recently changed my email address in my profile so I can receive the newsletters in a different inbox. I am still receiving the newsletters in my original email inbox, even though my new email is showing in my profile. When I go to Newsletters in my profile and just click update (with both newsletters checked) I get an error message saying something like invalid email or user not verified. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Ian

• Great question, and I have no idea. The account looks good.

Let me log a note with someone.

• This should be fixed now. There was some update with the subscriptions that didn't change.

Someone smarter than me fixed it

• This is great - just wish you could change your username now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply