Change default installation path

• I am installing sql 2005 and I changed the installation path to a drive other than C:\. However, when the install finished, the majority of the files were on C:\ and only a folder called 90 was installed on the drive I specified. Help!

• Can you provide more information as to what folders you see in C folder?

• 80, 90, MSSSQL.1

• During the installation it not only asks you for the path of the binaries of the program but where you want to reside your data and log files. Did you make these adjustments as well?

If you are not happy with this and it seems that some of the binaries are on C do an uninstall and reinstall again making sure you hit advance and custom icons along the way to change it from the default.

• I do not remember seeing anything about default location for db files, but I will uninstall and try again.

The only place I saw to change a location was under the advanced option of components to install (area called Installation Path). Where else is an option to change?

• Went throught the install again and noticed you have to change the install path for each component you are installing. I only installed 2 components and changed the directory on both. There were still files written to C:\ (80 & 90 folders), but I'm guessing there's no way around that.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply