Certification Resources

• Hey

First post on here, but been a snooper for a while 🙂

Took the MCTS 70-432 Implementation and Maintenance, today and failed :(. Looking back I feel that the Training Kit (M.Hotek) book is nowhere near enough to pass the exam. In my job we don't have a administrative role, but I chose this test to widen my knowledge, so I am a little underexposed with reagrds to experience.

I have looked online and found the measureup and pass-guranteed websites, and was thinking of using one to prepare more for the retake. Does anybody know if one is better than the other, or do they both do the job? They both come with a pass guarantee, but there is a slight price difference between the two.

Regards

• I like the Transcender products. I have used them for years going back to the VB6/SQL7 days.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Hi

I have just practiced the Practice set comes with the Trainning Kit, Throughly and pass the exam with 833/1000 on 14 0f Feb 2011.

Transcript ID: 952319

Access Code : 12345689

https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx

This link may usefull for You

http://mumbaisqldba.wordpress.com/2011/02/

or visi microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-default.aspx

Ali
    MCTS SQL Server2k8

• I have apperaed for the same exam in last oct and got 980.

i have gone through the Self study guide of Microsoft for 70-432. Read out that book fully.

There are plenty of dumps available on the internet. Check sites

( http://www.examcollections.com can be useful)

• chetanr.jain (3/30/2011)

I have apperaed for the same exam in last oct and got 980.

i have gone through the Self study guide of Microsoft for 70-432. Read out that book fully.

( <snip> can be useful)

Yes, and they can all result in your certifications being revoked.

Dumps are cheating. They are actual questions taken from the exams in violation of the NDA that all candidates accept. Using them is in violation of the exam policies. Violation of exam policies can result in certifications being revoked and even permanent blacklisting.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • That is Correct....

Even i have not used the same... i just had got information about this.

But tell me one thing, how does MS will come to know that candidate has used dumps?

• I would not want to use dumps anyway, as it is cheating myself, I would like to pass on the knowledge I have and not from remembering questions etc 🙂

But tell me one thing, how does MS will come to know that candidate has used dumps?

I doubt exam fraud is going to give away their secrets by telling the world that. But one way is from reports. I've reported a couple of people that admitted in public to having used braindumps. They got investigated at the least.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • @Gila..

Thanks for the important info ...

I have apperaed for the same exam in last oct and got 980.

( http://www.examcollections.com can be useful)

Congratulations on scoring a 980, that is very impressive.

GilaMonster (3/30/2011)

chetanr.jain (3/30/2011)

I doubt exam fraud is going to give away their secrets by telling the world that. But one way is from reports. I've reported a couple of people that admitted in public to having used braindumps. They got investigated at the least.

chetanr.jain (3/30/2011)

@Gila..

Thanks for the important info ...

What Gail said is very important...and from your posts it is clear that you are not acting in the best interests of the certification program. You may not have admitted openly in this forum that you cheated the exam process by utilizing exam dumps, but you are perpetuating the problem by passing along information regarding the existence of them. You have essentially cheapened the certification for those people that studied hard and passed the exam (myself included) on their own knowledge and experience...not from memorized test questions. Next time someone asks for information about certification study materials I hope you consider this thread before promoting the seeking out of exam dumps.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Hi,

I got my SQL 2008 certifications last year. Apart from a huge enivornment to gain experience from; the best I found was to read and self-study. To write the tests based on the Training kit alone is a bit difficult. A good start to get additional resources to study from is the following:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/master-sql-path.aspx#

Scroll to point 17.2. Although this is the pre-requisite reading list for the SQL MCM certification, it's of enormous value to any DBA.

Hope it helps and good luck.

• Cool thanks for the advise guys 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply