Centura SQLBase disaster recovery

• Hi,

I have been assigned the task of setting up a disaster recovery server for our production Centura SQLBase server and would like to know how i can setup a live recovery server located offsite. So that if the production server crashes, I can just redirect users to the recovery servers located at another location. This server has to have the most up to date data. Currently, I am doing a nightly backup by stopping the sqlbase service and using windows task scheduler to copy the db and log files but the challenge is that if the server crashes after the transactions have been done, there is no way to recover. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

• I also need the same type of help as mentioned above.

• nobody is there to help us ?

• Without knowing anything more about the situation, I would recommend looking into database mirroring (with SQL Server 2005 or 2008).

• nasir_a_khan (10/3/2007)

Hi,

I have been assigned the task of setting up a disaster recovery server for our production Centura SQLBase server and would like to know how i can setup a live recovery server located offsite. So that if the production server crashes, I can just redirect users to the recovery servers located at another location. This server has to have the most up to date data. Currently, I am doing a nightly backup by stopping the sqlbase service and using windows task scheduler to copy the db and log files but the challenge is that if the server crashes after the transactions have been done, there is no way to recover. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

now i've the same work to do, and i'm taking a look at two different solutions: Sonasafe by Sonasoft (almost continuous third party backup-restore) and cluster protector by Neverfail (dr clustering).

• I like to know some answers to this questions as well.

• take a look at this http://sqldbpool.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/sql-server-2008-active-passive-cluster-installation/[/url]

<<The biggest changes in SQL Server 2008 cluster is that you can now use DHCP for clustering and use IP addresses from different subnets for each side of the cluster. The ability to use IP addresses from different subnets is most useful for creating multisite clusters, called geographically distributed clusters.>>

regards

• When a database is damaged it can be returned to a correct and consistent state with a restore procedure. This generally involves reloading the most recent database backup and applying succeeding transaction log backups. The best method to restore a database depends on the type of damage that has occurred and on the backups that are available. In an optimal restore operation the database is recovered with minimal downtime and no data loss.

Stellar Data Recovery

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply