Central Management Server

• Hi Everybody,

I have a Central Management Servers and I would like to control my backup each days (20 databases)
    I can execute my scipt backup on all my server but I would like to control every days at 07:00 am.
    What is the best way ?

Thank you

anthony

• Hi,
    you can define a central job on the central management server. Define the targets, and the job is deployed to the sql server.
    You can get an e-mail if you like, if some backups are not running. It is difficult, to get the resultes in one table on the central management server, to create some reports for the management or something like this.

Maybe it is easier  with powershell without the "great" central mangemement server.

Kind regards,
    Andreas

• andreas.kreuzberg - Monday, June 26, 2017 3:17 AM

Hi,
    you can define a central job on the central management server. Define the targets, and the job is deployed to the sql server.
    You can get an e-mail if you like, if some backups are not running. It is difficult, to get the resultes in one table on the central management server, to create some reports for the management or something like this.

Maybe it is easier  with powershell without the "great" central mangemement server.

Kind regards,
    Andreas

Ok thank you 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply