Career advancement in cloud

• I am a SQL server administrator with 5 years of pure DBA experience. I am planning to get trained into cloud like Azure or AWS or any other cloud technology where there is a future growth.

Can someone guide me which patch to take, is it Azure or AWS. Since i am an administrator i am not leaning towards development or BI.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Here's my two cents.

Becoming knowledgeable (not necessarily proficient) is valuable.  It is not necessarily an either/or decision at first. Explore both then pick the one that interests you most.  Other than that:

• Both have demand today.  I have no crystal ball for future demand, but this seems unlikely to change.
    • Search job boards for demand
    • What does your employer use?  If neither, do they intend to move to the cloud?  Are you an influencer?
    • Do you like working with SQL Server?  If so, maybe you should lean toward Azure?
    • AWS does fully support SQL Server in both EC2 and RDS versions.

No one can accurately answer what is right for you, but those are some things that I would be doing

Regards,

Scott

• +1 to Scott's advice.

• thanks all for your replies...

i am still exploring options but good info

• Why not learn the fundamentals of both?  Beginner level certs typically take no more than a month or two to study for.  It's not like you're locked into a whole new career.  In less than a year's time you can learn enough of the basics in each discipline to properly inform your long-term decision.  And whichever one you choose not to do, at least you know enough about it to converse on a basic level whenever it comes up.

Good luck!

• Hello ,

Both courses are good.

If you want to learn online I can send some links where you can get good knowledge with experts.

https://mindmajix.com/microsoft-azure-training

https://mindmajix.com/aws-technical-training

Thanks & Regards,

Anita

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply