Capture Source count,update count,inserted count in variable using merge

• Hi ,

Below sp is working fine updating and inserting record properly.

But now I want to track the source record , updated record for logging in my variable.

please suggest me the same

alter Procedure SP_Archive_using_merge

AS

BEGIN

SET NOCOUNT ON

Declare @Source_RowCount int

Declare @New_RowCount int

Declare @updated_Rowcount int

DECLARE @TimeIn SMALLDATETIME

DECLARE @LatestVersion INT

SET NOCOUNT ON

---BBxKey and Hash value of all the source columns are derived in source query itself--

select @TimeIn=getdate()

Select @LatestVersion=1

MERGE Archive.dbo.ArchiveBBxCemxr as TARGET

USING

(select *,cast(SUBSTRING(Col001,1,10) as varchar(100)) BBxKey,

HashBytes('MD5', CAST(CHECKSUM(Col001,Col002,Col003,Col004,Col005,Col006,Col007) AS VARCHAR(MAX))) RowChecksum

from dbo.ImportBBxCemxr

where Col001 IS NOT NULL)as SOURCE

ON (SOURCE.Col001 = target.BBxKey )

AND (target.LatestVersion = 1 OR target.LatestVersion IS NULL)

WHEN MATCHED AND (source.RowChecksum <> TARGET.RowChecksum) THEN

UPDATE SET

TARGET.TimeIn = @TimeIn,

TARGET.BBXKey=SOURCE.BBXKey,

TARGET.RowChecksum=SOURCE.RowChecksum,

TARGET.Col001=SOURCE.Col001,

TARGET.Col002=SOURCE.Col002,

TARGET.Col003=SOURCE.Col003,

TARGET.Col004=SOURCE.Col004,

TARGET.Col005=SOURCE.Col005,

TARGET.Col006=SOURCE.Col006,

TARGET.Col007=SOURCE.Col007,

TARGET.LatestVersion=@LatestVersion

WHEN NOT MATCHED THEN --For New record

Insert (TimeIn,BBXKey,RowChecksum,Col001,Col002,Col003,Col004,Col005,Col006,Col007,LatestVersion)

values(getdate(),SOURCE.BBXKey,SOURCE.RowChecksum,SOURCE.Col001,SOURCE.Col002,SOURCE.Col003,SOURCE.Col004,SOURCE.Col005,SOURCE.Col006,SOURCE.Col007,@LatestVersion);

Select @New_RowCount=@@ROWCOUNT

end

• Use the OUTPUT clause and the $action column https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177564.aspx you can then aggregate over that.

Note: I have found that it is a real performance hit and only do this if you really really really need to know 🙂

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Dave Ballantyne (2/12/2015)

Use the OUTPUT clause and the $action column https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177564.aspx you can then aggregate over that.

Note: I have found that it is a real performance hit and only do this if you really really really need to know 🙂

I agree about the performance hit. If you really do need the counts and performance is an issue for you, I suggest that you consider doing the inserts and updates separately and using the old-fashioned @@RowCount method.

Use a transaction to keep things atomic, if your needs require it. Performance will still be better – in my experience.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Quick thought, consider changing the hashing part of the statement as it will not produce unique hash values for every unique combination of input values.

😎

More details here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply