Cant Start SQL Server 7

• Good Day Guys,

We have an old prod server with sql 7 installed in it which will be shipped to our DR. the server IP and computer name was changed and I was not able to start the sql server in it what could I do to Start it?

"-=Still Learning=-"

Lester Policarpio

• Hi,

can you let me know?

Are you changed domain password on this server?

• Try starting it from command prompt and let us know the error message you get over there and in event viewer logs, if any.

MJ

• Its been a long time but I seem to remember if you change the server name with SQL V7 you have to run setup again and then update the sysservers table.

Its worth a google on this, the answer would be in MSDN

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• yep, I was right, run setup and it will prompt you to upgrade. them sp_dropserver and sp_addserver.

see http://www.delphifaq.com/faq/databases/mssql/f579.shtml

what did we do before the internet? 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• If you just need to update sysservers table then try one thing:

Attach your master database files to some other 7.0 server as a user database and update(turn on allow adhoc updates) the sysservers table as someone suggested and then turn off adhoc updates. Detach the files from there and attach it in original instance and see if it comes up.

HTH,

MJ

• Thanks for the replies guys

I try to run the setup again and choose to upgrade sql. MSSQLServer Service status is starting so I start Distributed Transaction Coordinator in the services then sql is now operational. Thanks for the input guys!!!

"-=Still Learning=-"

Lester Policarpio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply