can't see agent job properties

• hello,

If I logon through different server I can see the job properties, but can not see if I RDP to same server. pl advise

• In SQL 2005 Express you can not see jobs. Could that have been installed by accident?

Thanks!

• I am sure we install Enterprise edition, but how should I check from set up file?

• SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Thanks it is Enterprise Edition with sp4

9.00.5000.00SP4Enterprise Edition

but what can I do now

• When you go to admin tools under services - is the agent showing up there? If so, is it started? What account is it running under...those are some of the things I'd start with troubleshooting.

If all that looks correct, could it have to do with permissions- are you sure you are running under a sysadmin acct? Is the server clustered...are both nodes the same? I had a problem once where both node were not the same and I could not run jobs that that had SSIS packages when the server was on node 2. We had to reinstall SQL to fix that.

Thanks!

• Thanks for reply

agent running under local system account, I change to my sysadmin accout too but same error, it is not clustered

I am running out of all other options and my management don't want me to reinstall SQL. I have to fix it with out reinstalling

• SQL 2005 by default has the built-in Administrators login. Have you tried to log in using the administrator acct?

How about running the repair option on client tools? Will they allow you to do that?

Thanks!

• Thanks

how to use built in Adminstrators login?

I will check with them to repair only client tools, that will help?

Thanks again!

• check if sql server agent service is running..

• MAK1 (6/6/2011)

hello,

If I logon through different server I can see the job properties, but can not see if I RDP to same server. pl advise

Believe you've answered this yourself: looks like a busted install of ssms tool set...

Carlton.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply