Can't overwrite destination flat file

• I created an SSIS package in BIDS.

I'm exporting a query to a text file.

Everything is working as desired except I cannot overwrite the destination file logged on as the domain user I want to use.

A domain Admin account will allow the overwrite.

Sounds like a permission error on the destination folder, correct?

I gave the destination folder 'full' rights to the domain user.

When logged onto the source server with the domain user I can write, delete or overwrite on the destination server/folder. But when I run the package with the destination file already existing, it fails.

I get the file is not valid. But it works when I rename the existing file.

Description: The file name "\\fs01\apps$\import\Extract_DRG.txt" specified in the connection was not valid. End Error Error: 2012-01-23 08:28:17.88 Code: 0xC001401D Source: Export_DRG Description: Connection "DestinationConnectionFlatFile - Daily" failed validation.

The path is correct, it works when the file does not exist.

The permissions seem correct, I can do these steps logged onto the source server as the domain users. Plus I gave the domain user permissions full control to the share.

SQL Agent is running with the domain user I am talking about.

Thanks for any insight.

• Can you give ‘full control’ on the file / folder to everyone (tentatively, for debugging purpose only)? It will confirm the permission issues with domain user as well as path validation.

• It does work with Everyone having full permissions.

I will verify the account the review the permissions again.

• Strange, I removed the Group the domain user is in and re-added it back with Full Control and now it works. It does not look any different than before. Oh well...it is working now. Thanks for the assistance.

• That’s what I assumed. Please keep us informed with debug progress.

• Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply