Cant install Integration Services (doesnt appear) and Pendinf Reboot set (and wont go away)

• Hey guys,

I need help quick! Gail, I pray your reading this.

I installed integration services on a passive node (of a cluster) in SQL 2005 ENT 64-bit. I then ran service pack 2 and all seemed to go fine, except i couldnt see the service! So i rebooted and still couldnt see service.

Since then I have tried many things like uninstalling, reinstalling but these cant go ahead cause of 'Pending Reboot' error on the pre-flight checks.

I have renamed "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations" to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations2" and rebooted (the key was gone after this), but still the 'Pending Reboot' error persists.

Loads of people seem to have had this problem but all were easily solved (except mine :() I am really stressing cause its a busy day and I am off for 3 weeks in two days!

HELP.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

• Nee-Bother guys!

I've sorted it. Apparently even though it is a none clustered services, because the servers (Windows) are clustered when you remove the 'PendingFileRenameOperations', flag it has to be done on both servers (nodes), then you logoff both.

So I did that and logged back in and BAM, it works. Have now uninstalled and reinstalled Integrated Services and successfully patched. So sorted!

Thanks anyway.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply