Can't create users -- permissions issue

• Ninja's_RGR'us (1/4/2012)

Ray K (1/4/2012)

Guess the caffeine didn't kick in. This is one of those days when I wish coffee pots came with octane ratings. πŸ˜‰

Alcool is very effective as fuel πŸ˜€

:Wow:

• Dev (1/4/2012)

Ray K (1/4/2012)

Guess the caffeine didn't kick in. This is one of those days when I wish coffee pots came with octane ratings. πŸ˜‰

LOL... Remi also need it :hehe:

No I need an explaination to the "joke" you posted.

I'm perfect, I don't need drugs to keep up, just use the farce. :hehe:

Dev (1/4/2012)

Ray K (1/4/2012)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/4/2012)

When you rebuilt, and resinstalled, I assume, did you "add Current User" as an administrator? That's easy to miss.

Yeah, that I did remember to do.

Dev and Gail pretty much gave it to me -- the login didn't exist. For some reason, I was equating "login" with "user." Oops. :blush:

As always, thanks for your help, guys!

Attending night calls too often? πŸ˜‰

?????????

Support calls (unplanned) :doze:

• Dev (1/4/2012)

Ninja's_RGR'us (1/4/2012)

Dev (1/4/2012)

Ray K (1/4/2012)

When you rebuilt, and resinstalled, I assume, did you "add Current User" as an administrator? That's easy to miss.

Dev and Gail pretty much gave it to me -- the login didn't exist. For some reason, I was equating "login" with "user." Oops. :blush:

Attending night calls too often? πŸ˜‰

?????????

Support calls (unplanned) :doze:

Let's agree to disagree while you go get a nice night sleep! :Whistling:

• Ray K (1/4/2012)

It's deprecated for future versions, but you could use the following to map the user and create the login in one foul swoop

exec sp_change_users_login 'auto_fix', 'dbuser', NULL, 'NewP@ssw0rd1'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" πŸ˜‰

Dev (1/4/2012)

Ray K (1/4/2012)

LOL... Remi also need it :hehe:

No I need an explaination to the "joke" you posted.

Dev, no offense, but over the past week, I have seen you post a number of things that make absolutely no sense, even as a joke. Remi's not the only one with confusion issues.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Absolutely no offense taken Brandie. You (all) can’t be wrong. I wish I would have seen this alert couple of days back. Thanks anyways. :unsure:

I am seriously evaluating my last week and I am more disappointed to myself than anyone.

• Dev (1/8/2012)

Absolutely no offense taken Brandie. You (all) can’t be wrong. I wish I would have seen this alert couple of days back. Thanks anyways. :unsure:

I am seriously evaluating my last week and I am more disappointed to myself than anyone.

Speaking like a true champ.

I have the same symptoms when I "work" too much (play here or elsewhere). πŸ™‚

Just keep that in the back of your mind for the next time you cross your own personal limit. πŸ˜‰

• try using the GUI version lol. h:-D

===============================================================

"lets do amazing" our company motto..

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply