Can't Allocate space for Object 'Syslogs'

• This darn message has been annoying me for a while now. It only happens when I try to run larger queries. These are queries that I must run to get certain reports though. Here is the whole message.

Can't allocate space for object 'Syslogs' in database 'FDIS' because the 'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.

My database is called FDIS and it utilizes FDIS_DATA for the data device

FDIS_LOGS for the log device

I am running SQL 6.5. I have tried using sp_extendsegment 'default', FDIS_DATA

sp_extendsegment system, FDIS_DATA

I still get the error. Any help available...am I not issuing the correct command?

Thanks Kevin

Thanks For your continued Help.

• Hi, I'm not sure if this would correct the problem but you might just need to increase you tran log, what size is it at now?

• how to I find out the size of the tran log in 6.5?

• In 7.0 and 2000 you can right click the database in Enterprise Manager, select properties and there is a datafile tab and trans log tab. I hope this is the case in 6.5, if not try running this command in Query Analyzer "DBCC SQLPERF(LOGSPACE)" When in the context of the master database.

E...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply