Can't add an Execute Package Task to the design surface

• Hey folks. I'm using BIDS 2005. I create a new package. I go to add a control flow item - the Execute Package Task.

I drag and drop the Execute Package Task onto the Control Flow design surface - and it appears that it will go (I get the plus icon showing it can be dropped there) but it never shows up.

I can drop other Control Flow items on there - but I need this one.

Anybody have an idea of what's going on?

Thanks!

Bill Nicolich: www.SQLFave.com.
    Daily tweet of what's new and interesting: AppendNow

• Weird. I've never had trouble with that one.

Microsoft doesn't seem to have any data on it at a quick search of MSDN (I'm assuming you looked in more detail, but I always check just in case).

Have you tried it on a different computer? Maybe your local copy of BIDS has a problem.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• It could be a DLL issue.

Check out the following thread: (it is roughly the same problem, only with a data flow task instead of an execute package task)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/de4607a6-27b2-4934-b767-3ce6cc93e334/

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• GSquared, Koen - Thanks for your thoughts.

In that thread Koen found, someone tried doing a double click instead of drag and drop on the Control Flow Item and found that it worked.

I tried that and it worked. I double click the Control Flow Item and it gets added to the Control Flow design surface.

I'm still not sure why drag and drop isn't working for some of these components, but at least right now there's a workaround.

Bill Nicolich: www.SQLFave.com.
    Daily tweet of what's new and interesting: AppendNow

• This is so stupid. I had the some problem, even without looking up online. I re-installed SQL Server.

Double click worked. Thanks guys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply