Cannot see maintenanace Plans folder under Management

• Hi, I have just upgraded a SQL 2000 server to 2005 Standard Edition. One of the tasks after the upgrade was to recreate the maintenance plans using the 2005 wizard. however, there is no maintenance plan folder under management so I cant see or run the wizard. It's missing. Any Ideas on how I can get it working, or what I have done to lose it?

• is it under legacy?

• Hi,

Have you installed SSIS?

• After upgrading SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005, your SQL 2000 database maintenance plans are visible under the Legacy node of the Management folder in Object Explorer.

As per my knowledge database maintenance plans continue to work as they did before upgrading.

However if you want to maintain maintenance plans you can do so by right-clicking a plan name and then clicking Properties option from the context menu.

• The following may or may not help, but it is excerpted from 2005 BOL.

To create or manage maintenance plans, you must be a member of the sysadmin fixed server role. Object Explorer only displays the Maintenance Plans node for users who are members of the sysadmin fixed server role.

There is a wealth of information about Maintenance Plans there. They are very much a part of SQL Server 2005. Have you tried migrating your existing plans?

Tom Garth
    Vertical Solutions[/url]

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
  • Hi and thanks for your response.

Yes ssis has been installed. It seems to be the only thing that was installed. It looks like the upgrade to the database server instanse did'nt happen. it is still running as 2000. That explains why I could not see the maintenance plans.

• yes thank you, the original maintenance plans are under legacy and they are still working fortunately. I have called in some outside support and the situation is currently under investigation. What has become evident so far is that according to the logs, the upgrade worked OK, All the software was loaded. The one thing that didnt happen was the upgrade of the instance. It may be because reporting services is running on that server and reporting services was no included in the upgrade but that is yet to be verified. I will let you know of further developments

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply