Cannot open tables in Database

• Yes, I have checked the preview/demo. I can also read the tables.

• Just be careful, I've had a case where a 'data recovery' tool could see the tables, but when we paid for the full version all it got back for us was broken pieces of rows that were utterly worthless.

Also note that since this is a sharepoint database you're not going to easily be able to copy the data into a new database and doing so is almost certainly going to break support agreements.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Guys, is there a possibility to export the documents from de SQL database? After a recovery i'm now able to attach the database to SQL. Unfourtanaly all the content within the lists are lost.

• I have taken services of Kernel Data Recovery software when my outlook pst was corrupted. They do provide solutions for SQL also This is what i got from their site. http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/sql-recovery.html

• Hi everyone

interesting case here, i agree
    Honestly i'm currently facing issue that kind if not even worst, seems the system table sys.sysrscols is corrupt
    and despite all the REPAIR option is tried none succeeded.
    Table error: alloc unit ID 0, page (1:1921) contains an incorrect page ID in its page header. The PageId in the page header = (0:0).
    Msg 7985, Level 16, State 2, Line 4
    System table pre-checks: Object ID 3. Could not read and latch page (1:1921) with latch type SH. Check statement terminated due to unrepairable error.

i also tried to export /tables data to an empty database but this is failing also.
    Honestly i'm really stuck now and to add to the mess the guy who involved me here was not backing up the database on daily basis and after checking the SQL errorlog i noticed that this corruption occured months ago  so the only available backups are basically corrupted also..
    i wish i could repair the sys.sysrscols system table of this USER database.
    i tried this way : 
    dbcc checktable('sys.sysrscols', repair_allow_data_loss) with no_infomsgs, all_errormsgs  but always receive error:
    Table error: alloc unit ID 0, page (1:1921) contains an incorrect page ID in its page header. The PageId in the page header = (0:0).
    System table pre-checks: Object ID 3. Could not read and latch page (1:1921) with latch type SH. Check statement terminated due to unrepairable error.

any help or suggestion would for sure greatly appreciated

Thanks everyone

Steph

• Heslous - Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:35 AM

Hi everyone

interesting case here, i agree
    Honestly i'm currently facing issue that kind if not even worst, seems the system table sys.sysrscols is corrupt
    and despite all the REPAIR option is tried none succeeded.

i also tried to export /tables data to an empty database but this is failing also.
    Honestly i'm really stuck now and to add to the mess the guy who involved me here was not backing up the database on daily basis and after checking the SQL errorlog i noticed that this corruption occured months ago  so the only available backups are basically corrupted also..
    i wish i could repair the sys.sysrscols system table of this USER database.
    i tried this way : 
    dbcc checktable('sys.sysrscols', repair_allow_data_loss) with no_infomsgs, all_errormsgs  but always receive error:

any help or suggestion would for sure greatly appreciated

Thanks everyone

If it's an unrepairable error, it is exactly that, unrepairable, which isn't unusual with some system tables. And with no backup, you start over. Do you have even older backups stored offsite? Something is better than nothing.

Give it time and shortly you'll get posts from a few data recovery companies. And they will let you demo the tool. And you will see tables in the demo so they will tell you you can get the data. Buy the software and then you get useless data. So be careful with those software repair companies. I'd insist on a guarantee with an unrepairable error. 

Sue

• Yup, not repairable, and with no backups you're pretty limited in what you can do.

Try exporting the damaged tables in chunks, filter on the clustered index key. This is going to be a case of get what you can out, the rest is a loss.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply