Cannot login to OLAP Services

• MS OLAP Services requires Administrator to use Analysis Manager. When other accounts (those who can access SQL Server Query Analyzer and Enterprise Manager) uses Analysis Manager an error message pops out saying unable to connect to the registry of my db server or the user must be a OLAP Administrator group to log in..

where can i define my account to be OLAP Administrator group? how can i solve this problem

• The OLAP Administrators group should have been created automatically when you installed Analysis Services. On your computer running Analysis Services, go to control panel, users. The OLAP Administrators group should be listed under groups. You may have to go to administrative services in the control panel and click on computer management and then Users and Groups, depending on what operating system you are running. Once you find the OLAP Administrators group, you can right click on it, choose properties, and then add your account to it from there, provided you have proper permissions to add your account to the group.

hth,

Michael

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

• hi men!

i have the same problem as ngkh.

i see my user's settings in control panel as mhweiss wrote. my settings are OK: i am a member of the OLAP Administrators Group.

but i can't login to Analysis Services, because the same: i am not a member of OLAP AG.

have you any idea, how must i solve this problem?

thanks,

Gloria

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply