Cannot drop distribution database after the data files were deleted

• I am trying to drop distribution database but cannot as I am getting the below error

The operating system returned error 21(The device is not ready.) to SQL Server during a read at offset 0x00000000056000 in file 'E:\XXX_Replication\Data\distribution.MDF'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log and system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe system-level error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online. The underlying drive on which the .mdf file existed was replaced, thus deleting the .mdf files. Replication is not needed on this server. But this is production server and cannot be restarted.. Please help me to delete this database

• There are other pre-requisites before you drop distribution database. Try this https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2710/steps-to-clean-up-orphaned-replication-settings-in-sql-server/.

• in your publication databases try this

sp_removedbreplication 'PublicationName','both'

GO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply