cannot create new database - profile name is not valid

• I just found out in one of my SQL servers, when I create any new database, it will show an error:

Create failed for database

Profile name is not valid.

What could be wrong, I did not change any thing related with database mail, all of a sudden, I cannot create database any more.

I have sysadmin rights

Any ideas?

Thanks

• i think there is a server wide trigger that is sending an email if a database is created....and the end user creating the database does not have access to the mail profile, or the profile is misspelled.

check with select * from sys.server_triggers

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thank you, you are awesome.

Now I remember I created that procedure in one of the new server, forgot I have to change the profile name.

Without you know that, I will take forever to find the reason

Thanks much!

• Hey Lowell - I completely forgot about my logon trigger - it was giving me fits for hours! THANKS!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply