Cannot connect to Existing Replica

• Dear Friends,

I setup a test run case on 2-Node AlwaysON , on developer edition.The issue is I want to add another replica to this but the connection doesn't happen in the first page of the Add Replica wizard (please refer attached file for the error). I can though connect to both the instances well from outside with the same login. Or does the number of replicas are limited to 2 on Developer edition.Kindly advise.Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Mohammed Arshad

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Arsh.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • What is the error you receive when you click the "connect" button?

Developer does not have a 2 node limitation.

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Hi Michael,

It throws the standard error "  Network Related or Instance-specific...."... Actually, as I noticed, the connection from outside 'Add Replica" isn't also possible with the <'Servername'>\'<InstanceName>' notation , but works well with  '<IP>\<InstanceName>' notation which I am ok with but the issue now is , how do I make 'Add Replica' to go by or allow me to provide the '<IP>\<InstanceName>'  instead of <'Servername'>\'<InstanceName>' .Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards..Arshad

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Arsh.
  • This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Have you tried using T-SQL and not the wizard?

ALTER AVAILABILITY GROUP MyAG ADD REPLICA ON 'COMPUTER04'

WITH (

ENDPOINT_URL = 'TCP://COMPUTER04.Adventure-Works.com:5022',

AVAILABILITY_MODE = ASYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT,

FAILOVER_MODE = MANUAL

);

• Got it resolved. The Infra team helped change the name resolution settings and replaced the 'servername.domainname' notation with only the servername.Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply