Cannot Connect through Windows Authentication

• I've been spelunking in Usenet, Google, and many sites including this one, and I haven't yet found a thread discussing an identical problem to the one I'm having. Any help would be appreciated.

We have both authentication modes active on the server. One of my users has been unable to connect as an authenticated user, in spite of the fact that I have added, re-added, checked, and double-checked that in fact she ought to be able to connect as a Windows-authenticated user. She is the only one of my users to have this problem.

The error message claims, "Login Failed for user <userid>. Not Associated with a Trusted Connection."

So far, I have tried re-installing SQL Server 2000 client tools on her machine and brought them up to SP3. Also, I have upgraded MDAC to the latest and greatest (2.7).

It does not make sense that it would be an MDAC issue, anyway, unless I seriously misunderstand MDAC: Her ID cannot even connect through an ISQL connection at the command line (using the -E option for 'authenticated user').

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Can you login from her machine with your NT login?

What type of user she is? NT Admin or just normal user?

• quote:

What type of user she is? NT Admin or just normal user?

That's a good question. Something I intend to research today is whether she is actually getting logged into the network.

The clue here is, when I try to log into ISQL and mis-type my password on purpose, the error message includes a reference to my login id including the network prefix. However, her error message only contains her userid, but not her network prefix.

We'll find out shortly!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply