Cancelling a DTS Data Pump Task

• I am sitting here waiting for this task to finish. It has done 15 tables so far, but it has a 20,000,000 record table to do at the end. This will take too long! I want to let it run the other stuff, and cancel the final step.

If I wait until it starts that step will it rollback all the other tables????

Cheers!

• Yes, I think it will roll them all back. Better to run it as a job ... it's faster than running it interactively from your session.  Also, for the 20,000,000 table, set a batch size of 100,000 or so, otherwise it will try and do the whole thing in one transaction !!  Then you can look at the table properties and you'll see the destination table get bigger in increments of 100,000 records so you can tell how far  along it is.

• Ah no! I've stayed late in the office and its done an hour and a half already. If I cancel now all my work will be ruined! I need to stay so that I can put my double step replication back in place after.

Is there anyway I can get around this/avoid the big table without rerunning?

• I don't think you can avoid the rollback (I may be wrong - it's been a while) ....  but as I recall, running those data pumps as jobs is SO MUCH faster you'll probably come out ahead if you cancel & run as a scheduled job. Based on what's run so far, can you estimate a completion time ??   Although your estimate will probably be all wrong when that 20,000,000 table bogs down.

• I did stop it and rerun as a job in the end. Took 4 hours!

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply