Can you restore Enterprise Edition databases to Developer Edition Servers?

• Hi All,

I am proposing to the business that we use SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise in our production environment. My question is can we restore these databases to servers that have the developer edition installed? We have several non production environments (Dev/Test/Pre Prod/Etc.) and don't want to pay for Enterprise Licenses for all of these environments.

I recall you can't replay logs from Enterprise to Standard, I have never tried a full restore before.

Thanks,

Bill

• as long as the other instances are also SQL2008 R2, then yes.

the backup is stored in a specific format to teh SQL version; it's not specific to the instance type that created it, basically exactly for this reason: restore to Dev so you can do some work/development.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply