Can we setup mirroring with two different instance with a same server.

• Hi,

Can we setup mirroring with two different instance with a same server.

Regards,

Sachin.

• IIRC, I believe the answer is yes. Each instance must listen on a different port, such 10234 and 10235.

• Hi,

Can also possible to set up the mirroring with single instance in a same server.

Regards,

Sachin.

• No.

• Actually i have one server with three instances....can possible to implement all the thing with my given scenarios (primary database, mirror database, witness).

• Actually i have one server with three instances....can possible to implement all the thing with my given scenarios (primary database, mirror database, witness).

yes , u can

• dsachu (2/24/2012)

Hi,

Can also possible to set up the mirroring with single instance in a same server.

Regards,

Sachin.

mirroring is uses for more database availability time, if your first server crash second should be available for use. why does SQL should provide this feature.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• satishm94 (2/26/2012)

Actually i have one server with three instances....can possible to implement all the thing with my given scenarios (primary database, mirror database, witness).

yes , u can

Yes, with multiple instances on one server you can setup mirroring but in a production environment it doesn't buy you anything.

The second question was can you do it with a single instance, and the answer to that is no.

• Hi,

please explain abt detail hw can i set in a single instance db mirroring if u possible send me with screen shots also

• venki83k (5/21/2012)

Hi,

please explain abt detail hw can i set in a single instance db mirroring if u possible send me with screen shots also

You can't mirror a database to the same instance. If you are trying to mirror a database to the same server, you need two instances. This is fine for a proof of concept, or testing purposes but it buys you nothing really in a production environment.

• Through maintenance plan or jobs if there any chance ....

• venki83k (5/21/2012)

Through maintenance plan or jobs if there any chance ....

You CANNOT create mirroring on the same instance, it has to be different instances

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply