Can we run SQL Standard edition instance in the cluster along side the existing Production Enterprise instance.

• Hi Experts,

Currently we are running the Navision reporting on SRV-Report via a daily process that creates a backup of Production DB and restores it to SRV-Report. While this process has been sufficient previously, our real-time reporting needs have grown. For this reason, we need to implement transaction replication between the SRV-NavProd (NAVPROD database) and the SRV-Report (Report Database).

However, is it possible, I would rather replicate to another instance in the same windows cluster, on the currently passive node. What I would like also to find out is if we can [highlight="#98FB98"]run a SQL Standard edition instance in the cluster along side the existing Production Enterprise instance. [/highlight]

Please help......

Tanx

Eswin 😀

Tanx 😀

• Yes you can.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Can you please give me some more detail. (Links , write-ups ).

Have you done this in your environment. Can you share some explanatory documents.

Tanx:-D

Tanx 😀

• Same process you used for the Instance currently installed on the cluster - just a new instance. You need to have resources that can be dedicated to the new cluster.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply