Can not get Row Headers to repeat on each page

• I have been all over the net and most say the same thing. They cannot seem to get the headers to work for 2008.

I can get them to work for a simple report but not mine.

One difference is that I see 4 statics for each group including one that is not a group at the top. I know I have the correct row as it shows where you are when you select one of the 3 statics that is not in parens.

This is the change that most say to make:

In the grouping pane, make sure to turn on advanced mode (click on the small black down arrow on the far right of the grouping pane)

2. Select the corresponding (Static) item in the row group hierarchy

3. In the properties grid, set RepeatOnNewPage to true

4. KeepwithGroup to After

In my case, there are 4 statics and will get an error if I set it the properties for the statics that are not enclosed in parens. But when I set the properties for the one that has parens, the report works but the heading does not repeat.

Is there something missing?

Many posts I see are very upset about the 2008 version because of the issue.

Thanks,

Tom

• I have had the best luck with this issue when I build the repeating header very early in the development process, usually before I add much grouping. I have also found that when I end up deleting a column, particularly a column associated with a group heading, that the repeating header breaks.

• We have added and deleted columns as the reports were developed. Unfortunately, we can't really start over building them since we have about 30 reports that would be affected.

Seems that this is an issue that many people have.

Thanks,

Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply