Can i change the IP in connection manager (Maintanence plan) for 'Local Server connection'?

• IP of SQL Server 2005 has changed. How can i change the IP in connection manager (Maintanence plan) for 'Local Server connection'?

It does not allow to edit. I am getting below mentioned error when i am executing the job.

Error:-0xC00291EC Source: {D901E181-6B05-411F-B188-C2449F84A52F} Execute SQL Task Description: Failed to acquire connection"Local server connection". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this

connection. End Error Error: 2009-11-19 21:56:38.81 Code: 0xC0024104 Source: Check Database Integrity

Description: The Execute method on the task returned error code 0x80131904 (An error has occurred while establishing a

connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default

settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a

connection to SQL Server)). The Execute method must succeed,. The step failed.

Please help me.It is urgent.

• Add a new one and switch to that one. The default one, I believe, comes from how you registered the server. You ought to be using the name or an FQDN, not an IP for this reason when you register servers.

• Even though I add new connection but it is still not working. How can I change the default connection?

• The easiest and most efficient method would be to recreate the maintenance plan. It can't be that hard to recreate - and you could have been done with it by now.

If you really think it is going to take you a very long time to recreate the plan, you can do the following:

1) Create a new SSIS project in BIDS

2) Import the maintenance plan into this new project

3) Modify the Local Connection information (only change the information, don't change the name or anything else as that will break the package)

4) Save a Copy of the package back to the server into the Maintenance Plans folder. Note: delete the existing plan first, or this step won't work.

Once the plan has been saved to the server, open it in SSMS and modify the schedule and anything else that needs to be modified (e.g. selected databases for integrity checks, update statistics, etc...). Save the changes and everything should work...

Again - I still think the easiest and most efficient method is to rebuild it in SSMS and that probably won't take much longer than the above process.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Run SQL Server Config. Manager --> Create a new alias with alias name is the old IP Address and server is the new IP Adress.
    GL & HF!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply