Calling Out Bad Advice

• Nope not really, you seem to have an excuse for everything so its pretty much pointless trying to help you fix all incorrect information that exists in your blog that is a real disservice to the community.

Jonathan Kehayias | Principal Consultant | MCM: SQL Server 2008
    My Blog | Twitter | MVP Profile
    Training | Consulting | Become a SQLskills Insider
    Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for Accidental DBAs[/url]

• Jonathan Kehayias (12/27/2010)

Nope not really, you seem to have an excuse for everything so its pretty much pointless trying to help you fix all incorrect information that exists in your blog that is a real disservice to the community.

I don't think most people have a problem with people pointing out issues or inaccuracies with a person's blog or forum post. We have ALL been wrong in the past. No one is immune from it. It's the tone in which they do it that some people have a problem with. A mentor of mine used to say "It's not what someone says to me that matters as much as how they say it and who they say it in front of. It can make ALL the difference in the world as to whether I listen to them or not." Words to live by, and ALL of us can learn from this. Presentation often trumps facts when it comes to dealing with people. 😀

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply