Calculated Measure Not Pulling into Excel 2007

• I have a calculated measure on a "Month over Month" business logic created from the Business Logic Wizard that appears in the cube browser in VS but only shows the Current values in Excel.  It does the same for the Year over Year.

In fact, I had to really play around with it to show up in the VS Cube Browser.  Anybody run into this before?

• What version of Excel are you using?  Also, can you confirm that you're using calculated measures (ie calc members in the measures 'dimension') or calculated members (categories that exist in (say) the time dimension)?

Steve.

• Excel 2007.

I am not sure what it truly is since it is created in the Business Logic wizard of VS.  Some of the code is hidden when this is used.

Since it is being created off of a Time dimension to represent the difference between a measure in one period compared to the next, I would assume it is a Calculated Member. 

• Definitely sounds like calculated members.  I haven't been able to test AS2K5 with Off07 yet but this post indicates that (in beta 2 at least) there is a setting to determine whether these are shown or not.

Steve.

• That was it Steve.  I didn't remember doing it, BUT the default is not to show them in the cube browser in VS as well.  You have to select to "Show Empty Fields" in order to see them.  That's slightly encrypted terminology

Thanks,

You saved me hours of frustration!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply