Byte Me: Let's Cook

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Byte Me: Let's Cook

• The Great British Bake Off starting again soon?

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Gary Varga (8/17/2016)

The Great British Bake Off starting again soon?

Looks like it and they are burning the meat aaargh!!! I mean the data!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Manie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I am happy because I choose to be happy.
    I just love my job!!!

• I actually had not come across the term in my first thirty years in IT! When it was mentioned to me a few years ago I thought the guy was fiddling the data (c.f. cooking the books). 🙁 Now I know better 🙂 but think the line between filtering and fiddling can be very fine. I am sure government statistics cross the line sometimes!

• I don't get it.

• Iwas Bornready (8/17/2016)

I don't get it.

I wasn't really sure either, but here's a website that explains it a bit:

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/14676/cooked-data

😎

• mjh 45389 (8/17/2016)

I actually had not come across the term in my first thirty years in IT! When it was mentioned to me a few years ago I thought the guy was fiddling the data (c.f. cooking the books). 🙁 Now I know better 🙂 but think the line between filtering and fiddling can be very fine. I am sure government statistics cross the line sometimes!

A very fine line indeed, my friend.

Manie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I am happy because I choose to be happy.
    I just love my job!!!

• mjh 45389 (8/17/2016)

I actually had not come across the term in my first thirty years in IT! When it was mentioned to me a few years ago I thought the guy was fiddling the data (c.f. cooking the books). 🙁 Now I know better 🙂 but think the line between filtering and fiddling can be very fine. I am sure government statistics cross the line sometimes!

Sometimes?

Gaz

• mjh 45389 (8/17/2016)

Fudging the numbers is the only meaning I have ever known when this term has been used. This is new to me that cooking the data has this alternate meaning.

Eggy data seems kind of awkward as well.

Eggy data could be anywhere from poached, to fried, to raw, or boiled to a sulfurous state. Very confusing term indeed.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• It does seem like someone was desperate to coin a term. Any term.

Of course it is nowhere near as good as Neverland Data.

Gaz

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply