Byte Me: Corporate Oversight

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Byte Me: Corporate Oversight

• I like the backup software.

• Backup software? That has to be at least as current as many of the apps out there today. 😀

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• MEMO TO SELF... HIRE NEW IT [GUY] TO UPGRADE SYSTEM...

So, I'm guessing SOX regulators required them to have an alternate business continuity process on standby. In the event the application is offline, then they break the glass and fall back to using... an abacus. 🙂

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• The next time the SAN goes down, I'm just going to take a week PTO while the vendor straightens the mess out. My personal backyp plan will be a couple of plane tickets to Amsterdam or Greece behind plate glass.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Eric M Russell (8/19/2015)

MEMO TO SELF... HIRE NEW IT [GUY] TO UPGRADE SYSTEM...

So, I'm guessing SOX regulators required them to have an alternate business continuity process on standby. In the event the application is offline, then they break the glass and fall back to using... an abacus. 🙂

I'm shocked that the italicized term in your quote hasn't re-energized the same debate from last cartoon. 😎

• jckfla (8/19/2015)

Eric M Russell (8/19/2015)

I'm shocked that the italicized term in your quote hasn't re-energized the same debate from last cartoon. 😎

Yep, the fish aint biting today. Maybe I'll cast a shinier lure and check back in later in the afternoon. Good day to you, mister. 😉

• Eric M Russell (8/19/2015)

jckfla (8/19/2015)

Yep, the fish aint biting today. Maybe I'll cast a shinier lure and check back in later in the afternoon. Good day to you, mister. 😉

Maybe. Just surprised at the lack of immediate comment now as compared to a few weeks ago. That's all.

Good day to you as well.

• jckfla (8/20/2015)

jckfla (8/19/2015)

Maybe. Just surprised at the lack of immediate comment now as compared to a few weeks ago. That's all.

Good day to you as well.

If you guys are thinking about gender then perhaps you should consider that many terms are no longer treated as gender specific by a significant number of people. Guy being one of those terms. If walking in a group of mixed gender and someone calls out "C'mon guys. It's this way!" I would be very surprised to find that only men would respond or that any of the ladies would be offended.

This may be more of a UK thing but I am sure that if you sat down and watched every episode of Friends that there would be at least one example 😉

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• No one calling out that the abacus is hardware? Guys? Really??? :hehe:

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply