By the time you could afford it you didn't need it.

• Oh, a car for sure. I remember in 1980 a guy here in town had 3 or 4 new Nissan 280 Z's for sale. My best friend had a better job and easily purchased one. I wanted one of those SO bad. I tried every way I could think of to afford one (2nd job, etc), but just could not do it. Since, I've owned a a 280-ZX, a 300-ZX (as a single guy), and now have a 350-Z (surprisingly, it was cheaper than a Prius!), which is the best one I've ever owned. It's scary fun!.

• The Eagles are playing the first concert here at our huge new arena. Afraid to see what the tickets cost!:ermm:

• Okay, I'm addicted to SQL or something. I read the title of this thread, read the first post, and the first thing that popped into mind was that the company I'm working for is finally dumping the last of the SQL 2000 servers, but just by migrating databases to 2005 servers, no 2008 plans at all at this time. I'm looking at "by the time you could afford it, you didn't", and all the 2008 Enterprise-only features flash in front of my eyes. I truly am pathetic! 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• yep I could afford all them things now I am married with 2 kids and the wife spends the money lol.

• First thing I thought of in response to original question was how in the early eighties, my wife and I decided that as young newly-weds we really couldn't afford the $50-a-head tickets to see Frank Sinatra on one of his final tours. In our twenties, we were really more into rock and pop but certainly understood and appreciated his talent. Now, we have to remind ourselves that $50 then would be $500 now and that we made the only decision we could, but we still think about how we missed a chance to see a legend.

• yep thats always the way, I would love a tvr but I will never get one. 😉

• over the last week i tracked down some old army friends, some of which i haven't talked to for 8 years. sent some emails, made some calls and found some people on Facebook.

You know you are old when your friends and/or coworkers now have kids that you can legally have sex with

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply