Business Intelligence Development Version

• Easy 1.

• To all those who feel this is an ugly question, remember this problem is an actually existing one if you have SSMS/VS 2k8 installed and you're still working with 2k5 SSIS. It upgrades your IS packages to 2k8 and then you can't deploy them. You have to work with VS 2k5.

This is more then a valid question, it helps to keep some new SSIS users from making an irrecoverable error with a package.

It's not an ugly question, it's one I have to deal with usually at least once per new developer.

An excellent question and reminder.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Thanks for the question. I am still using VS2008 so I simply guessed. Not sure why this is considered an ugly question though....

• Good question. I picked the "obvious" answer so got it wrong.

I find this quite amazing, as was the even worse mess with VS 2008/SQL 2005. It makes one wonder if MS has some deep strategy of waging psychological war against its customers. :w00t: :crying:

Tom

• Good question, thank you,

Iulian

• Easy question.

Luckily, Denali will support Visual Studio 2010!

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• I really wish MS would provide support for all databases in the latest version of VS. Thanks for the question.

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/

• Thanks for that piece of information. I haven't upgrade to VS 2010 yet but my co-worker has and he said it was no problem as long as you use the BIDS startup which will use VS 2008.

Steve

• is Microsoft dropping support for BIDS ?

• amit_adarsh (10/13/2011)

is Microsoft dropping support for BIDS ?

No, from my understanding, they plan to address this issue in an upcoming release of SQL server.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply