BULK INSERT Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).

• I know there is a lot of information out there related to this error and I assume I have things set up correctly and I am running into a wall.

I have a domain account running as the service account. I have set the SPN's as needed. It have enabled delegation. setspn -l returns the spns.

If I have the txt file to import local to the sql server it works with my sysadmin account and a non sys admin sql user test account.

If I have the txt file on the remote share location and I am on the SQL Server it work too.

If I am on my client machine and the extra hop happens, it fails.

So it seems to point to kerberos issues and authentication with the extra hop.

I'm hitting a brick wall trying to determine what else could be the issue. Any ideas to point me to?  Would you need to restart the service after registering the SPN's? I did not do that. That is that is the only thing I have not done and because I need to plan that I have not.

• Another thing I found out while testing.

When logged into SSMS from a remote client (2 hop) my sysadmin Domain User account does not allow bulk insert

when logged into SSMS from the SQL Server  (1 hop) my sysadmin Domain User account does work and allows bulk insert

When logged into SSMS from a remote client as a sql login user with bulkAdmin it does work

When logged into SSMS from a remote client as the Domain User sql service account it does work

So what do I need to configure differently to allow my windows account to be authenticated?

Still Looking...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply