Building an Incremental Load Package – Level 3

• Good tutorial. I get the following error when I follow along though.

Node tbSource Source: Could not execute Query on Connection SSISIncrementalLoad_Source:

SELECT * FROM dbo.tblSource

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.

Could not open a connection to SQL Server.

• Great Post for the starters.I am a newbie in SSIS and BIML ,this post explain how to implement incremental load for single table. But is there any logic in BIML which can do incremental load for all the tables in the database? Long story short does BIML Implement the incremental load for all the tables in the database?

• prathmanu (6/28/2016)

Great Post for the starters.I am a newbie in SSIS and BIML ,this post explain how to implement incremental load for single table. But is there any logic in BIML which can do incremental load for all the tables in the database? Long story short does BIML Implement the incremental load for all the tables in the database?

The next step in this stairway, http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/BIML/101472/ shows just how to do that.

• I read this post. But it doesn't explain how the deleted rows will be updated.

• Hi,

I am new to BIML, I am trying to create BIML for SSIS package which is using Merge join , and per Merge Join concept we need sorted data as input for Merge Join ,  I am not able to get it sorted without using SORT transformation.

Thanks

• nikki_d - Friday, October 27, 2017 1:23 AM

Hi,

I am new to BIML, I am trying to create BIML for SSIS package which is using Merge join , and per Merge Join concept we need sorted data as input for Merge Join ,  I am not able to get it sorted without using SORT transformation.

Thanks

That should be an option of the data set output if the data is already sorted.  Either that or add a SORT transform (though that's a blocking transform).  Not sure how that's set in BIML, but the forums over at varigence.com should get you some additional help there.

• Peter Schott - Friday, October 27, 2017 1:07 PM

nikki_d - Friday, October 27, 2017 1:23 AM

Hi,

Thanks

That should be an option of the data set output if the data is already sorted.  Either that or add a SORT transform (though that's a blocking transform).  Not sure how that's set in BIML, but the forums over at varigence.com should get you some additional help there.

Thanks for the reply, I was  already using SortKeyPosition="1" with sorted data output , Now got it implemented in BIML as well 🙂 , Below is the BIML :
    <Columns>
            <Column SourceColumn="ID" TargetColumn="ID_DWH" SortKeyPosition="1" />
     </Columns>

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply