Building a Yahoo Finance input adapter for SQL Server StreamInsight

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Building a Yahoo Finance input adapter for SQL Server StreamInsight

• Thanks for your time spend for this article.

It is a wonderful article for Intro about StreamInsight. How can it help BI developer?

Please share your view according to real time data processing and reporting.

• adolf.ayyappan (11/25/2009)

Thanks for your time spend for this article.

It is a wonderful article for Intro about StreamInsight. How can it help BI developer?

Please share your view according to real time data processing and reporting.

That could be the subject of another article! 🙂

I would say it helps BI developers build systems that react fast. For instance you can monitor blogs and news feeds, sending automatic alerts to key persons so they can act directly in case of bad publicity.

You can also use StreamInsight to do the collection job and initial filtering when you have environments that produce high speed data output.

/Johan

• Thank you for a great post on such a new technology, Johan.

Have you had a chance to test the code on the SQL Server 2008 R2 November CTP release? At first glance, it won't compile with Nov CTP version.

• What I still don't get is "What does all of this has to do with SQL Server ?". It looks like a completely independent product. Sure you can insert into a database or read configuration data from it but why is it bundled with SQL Server?

* Noel

• fotothis (11/25/2009)

Thank you for a great post on such a new technology, Johan.

Have you had a chance to test the code on the SQL Server 2008 R2 November CTP release? At first glance, it won't compile with Nov CTP version.

I submitted this article over a month ago, before the Nov CTP. I will submit a new version that compiles on Nov CTP on Codeplex

http://stockticker.codeplex.com

• noeld (11/25/2009)

What I still don't get is "What does all of this has to do with SQL Server ?". It looks like a completely independent product. Sure you can insert into a database or read configuration data from it but why is it bundled with SQL Server?

Hi Noel,

I think Microsoft sees it as a component like SSIS. It's like an SSIS for CEP (Complex Event Processing). I guess also it may later be integrated into Management Studio.

/Johan

• Hello,

thanks for this article. Very simple and clear.

A question: what if i want to persist the stock quotes on a database(i.e sql2008)?

What approach would you advice?

Using an outputadpater?

thank you

• evald (12/10/2009)

Hello,

thanks for this article. Very simple and clear.

A question: what if i want to persist the stock quotes on a database(i.e sql2008)?

What approach would you advice?

Using an outputadpater?

thank you

Yes, you should use an output adapter.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply