breakpoints being ignored on child package

• I have an ssis package that calls a the same child package several times, changing a variable set in the parent package before executing the child package each time. I'm executing the parent package in the BIDS environment, not running it as a scheduled package. The first time the child package is executed, it stops at all the breakpoints. The second time the child package is executed, all the breakpoints are ignored. I don't understand why this is happening. Can anyone explain it?

Thanks!

Elaine

• Elaine,

Have you made any progress on this?

I have a similar/simpler problem.

In my case, it does not seem to stop on any breakpoint in the sub package while it stops on the parent package.

Any idea?

:unsure:

Thanks

• Hi Eric -

My post was so long ago, that I barely remember the problem. I don't recall that I ever figured out the answer to my question.

For my purposes, I think that writing out variable values in message boxes worked - kind of like doing response.write in old asp pages years ago.

Elaine

• Not sure if that matters but I assign the file name of the child package dynamically based on data retrieved in a database.

Could that bother the debugger?

I can still see the green/red tasks in the sub package, though...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply