breaking and restarting a merge replication

• hi,

i have 2 databases which have been set up for merge replication .i broke the replication a few days ago ,for some changes. Now i have to set up the merge rep. again .The problem is that the data in both the databases has changed since then . If i set up the replication now, will the changed data be merged automatically , or do i have to synchronize the databases manually and then set up the replication .

any comments wud be highly appreciated

thanks

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• What does the poster want to know? How to syncronize 2 dbs-not-in-replication? Anybody can invite his own method. One certain thing: if you start new replication, the subscription db will be ovewritten.

Good luck!

• danila ...actually what i was trying to say was that ...these two databases were in replication some time back and although i had deleted the subscription , i had not cleaned it through the sp_mergesubscription_cleanup ...the publiaction was there as it is ...now if i set up the subscription again by the same name ...will by any chance the data that was changed in both the databases get merged or will i have to do it manually ...in other words will it act in a way that the replication was not workin for some days and now when it is up again the pending changes get merged normally..or is there some other way out for this ..actually synchronising the databases is very tedious because of the amount of tables involved

• I'm not a guru at all, but as far as I deal with merge repl more than a year - it is quite simple here: If you deleted subscription you wouldn't use it for sync. On the other hand, you can try to use replication tables on the publisher to trace recent changes and merge them manually.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply