Bookmarks Rendered as Hyperlinks to Sheets Within Excel Workbook

• Hi All

I've spent ages trying to do this and am sure I am missing something simple!

Bit of background:

I have to produce a large report that will be exported to Excel in multiple tabs with no headers as the users do not want merged cells on the export.

I am using SSRS 2008 and as such as far as I am aware there is no way to rename the tabs in the resulting workbook. To overcome this limitation (and because it looks good ;-)) I would like to have a front page on the report that details what report is on which worksheet with hyperlinks that take the users to the relevant sheet within the exported workbook.

I've tried messing with the bookmarks in SSRS but cannot seem to get these to render as hyperlinks to the exported sheets, and my trusted friend Google has turned up nothing useful so far!

Any help or advice from you guys would be appreciated!

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• Get yourself some R2, you can name the tabs.

[font="Courier New"]Looking for a Deadlock Victim Support Group..[/font]
  • Thanks for the "helpful" advice

Just in case anyone else is having this problem I solved it by cliking on on of the cells in my Tablix and in the properties sidebar in the bookmark section named it something relevant. Then on my front page 'Index' right click Properties > Action > GoTo Bookmark and then manually typed in the bookmark name as it doesn't show in the dropdown menu for some reason

Sure I tried this before and it didn't work!

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply