Blast Off

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Blast Off

• Free food, free drink and free swag. What's not to like?

I'll be at the JHB launch in about 5 hours.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Steve,

For what's it worth (I also write for magazines and know how hard it is when you don't get any response on a thing you wrote with all your heart .. ) but I do want to say I just love your editorials. Almost always (if not always) very entertaining and right on spot..

Kindest Regards,

Wim van den Brink

• Sadly I'd have to burn precious money and lots of it to get off this island, but I'm thinking of you all enviously - my swag collection is nearly depleted and Summers a long time away!

• :w00t::hehe: Howcome it is that I don't know about the event in JHB. How did I miss that one! I always look-on with jealousy when the events in America is advertised. I need to know when they are here in SA.

Manie Verster

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

• in other news http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2008/01/29b.html

don't be mad 🙁

Pedro R. Lopez
    http://madurosfritos.blogspot.com/[/url]

• I couldn't agree with you more...wish I was going! 🙂

• Manie (2/27/2008)

Howcome it is that I don't know about the event in JHB. How did I miss that one!

You didn't miss much. The MS slides and demos were good, as usual, but the rest was quite a waste of time.

As for finding out about events, register witb SADeveloper.net. They usually send newsletters notifying members of local events.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hmm... no such event near to where iam. Microsoft should

give a gift to everybody who uses their product ... atleast to developers. 😛 . Arent we developers also doing some marketing work for microsoft. 😎

Developers include anybody and everybody using MS software to develop something (not viruses)...

"Keep Trying"

• 😛 Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely do that!;)

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply