Blank Parameter Values

• I am using RS2000.  I have just started with it, and one of my reports has a parameter list with locations in it.  When the user selects a location, I have a second parameter list that lists the customers for the selected location.  I have set up the second parameter to depend on the location parameter, and I know it is using it correctly.  The problem is that when a user selects a location, the customer list fills up with blank values.  I know it is collecting the data correctly, because when I select a different location the amount of customer blank values I get is different.  This seems like a bug, but I can't find a workaround.  Any ideas???

I already have had a parameter list give me blank values twice.  To fix the first one I changed the sql query from a stored procedure to text using the exec command (ie exec my_procedure).  The second one I had to do the opposite I changed a text using the exec command to stored procedure then the values showed up.  The problem is that stored procedure gives me blank values now, and I can't change it to exec text because I have a parameter required for the procedure. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Adam

• trying changing the value field in the reports parameter dialog box and see if you get different results (probably you will get an error indicating a data mismatch).

I've been able to do what you are trying to do with success, and thus I think there is an issue with how you have set up each dataset.   The second drop down should have the field equal to your paramater, which is defined in your first dataset that is populated from your first drop down.

• Ackward thing is that I started working on another report that was pretty simple and the report (not the drop downs) is showing blank values.  I haven't touched the visibilty of the fields, yet they don't show up......This is insane, I need to have these reports done already.  I even had the stored procedure that is called insert the parameter values that are passed to it into a table, and they are all correct.  When I put the parameters into run the stored procedure inside the report designer, all of the data shows up fine.  Does anyone know what to do???  I am using the Evaluation version right now, I have reinstalled it and installed all service packs and hotfixes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply