Blank page generated between two tablix in SSRS

• I have two tables in my report.
    First tablix, should be shown on first page
    Second tablix, should be shown on second page.
    Second tablix should be on second page even if first tablix entries finish at the half of the first page.
    I added a tablix between first and second tablix, with a single textbox, font color white and with no borders.
    I added page break on this third tablix with page break property start.
    There is a blank page coming in the report between first and second tablix.
    How to fix this?

• Why add a tablix in between? Just set the Page Break location property of the first tablix to end.

• I have already tried that earlier. It is still showing a blank page in preview in BIDS.
     I am using SQL2008R2 BIDS.
    I tried using page break for first Tablix, with break location ‘end’, it was showing a blank page at the end.
    That is why I introduced Third Tablix, between first and second Tablix.
    For third Tablix, I tried page break, with break location ‘start’, it was showing a blank page at the end.
    Then I tried with break location ‘end’, it was showing a blank page at the end.
    So I desperately need a solution.

• So you have a page break somewhere else. 
    Ensure on the 2nd you haven't set the page break as start. 
    Check any groups on your tablixs to ensure you haven't got page breaks set on these.
    Right click on the report and choose view code. Search for pagebreak and then determine which objects have pages breaks set.

• FridayNightGiant - Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:33 AM

So you have a page break somewhere else. 
    Ensure on the 2nd you haven't set the page break as start. 
    Check any groups on your tablixs to ensure you haven't got page breaks set on these.
    Right click on the report and choose view code. Search for pagebreak and then determine which objects have pages breaks set.

I have now checked all this. Still it is showing a blank page.
    I have page break only at the first tablix with break location end.

• Is my approach of implementing page break for showing the second tablix on new page ie.second page of the report is correct?
    Is there any alternate way ?

• Does you first tablix consume almost all of the first page? How much whitespace do you have between the tablix?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply