Black image when in Print Layout Mode

• I have a freaky problem that just surfaced today. Within Visual Studio report designer, if I click the "Print Layout" button while in "Preview" mode, a totally black page is displayed. The only exception is my company logo which is embedded in the report. I removed the logo and retried, but the black page was still there, only the logo was gone.

If I print to the printer, everything is fine.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Unfortunately, I have changed some

• I've just come across this problem, too. It seems to happen when you have textboxes with a transparent background colour. If you assign a background colour, they magically appear in print layout...

• I've just realised that if you assign a background colour to the Body section not the textboxes, it fixes the problem totally.

• Thanks, setting the background to white worked. However the margin is still black when in Print Layout mode. Something changed on my system because the reports that show the problem have not changed in a while. I upgraded to SQL Server SP2 on my machine. Could that have caused the problem?

• This is most definitely a sp2 issue.  I have reports I have done recently and they work fine on sp1 but show the black background on sp2.  It seems like the margins were also changed after sp2.  I wonder what changed.

Sue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply