Black Hats

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Black Hats

• Re: Books Online update.

Steve; I don't see a SQL Server Books Online downloadable update yet. The downloadable version is still May 2007. Online version is dated September 2007, but it looks like the downloadable version has not been updated yet. (I would assume the downloadable versions may still waiting on language updates.)

Mark

• Try windows update (under optional downloads). It prompted me for an updated one the other day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Mark,

you are correct. I saw the online update, but not the download. I've pinged a few people at MS to see if I can get this updated and get a link.

• Matt Miller (10/15/2007)

Try windows update (under optional downloads). It prompted me for an updated one the other day.

Matt, was your update for the September 2007 update? Or the May 2007 update? The May update did come through Windows Update, but my Windows Update does not show the September update yet.

And the download site does not have the September update either.

Mark

• I don't know how extensively MS is using Live to index their own site, but I'm quite thoroughly sick of Microsoft's site search engine. Recently I've been doing web site development in ASP, something that I've never done before, and I've had to do lots of searching. It seems like half of the links that MS provides me for their site are dead!

Drives me nuts. (which, admittedly, isn't that long of a drive :crazy: )

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• The only page I get that tells me a date right now seems to imply that I'm running September 2007 locally.

Of course - when you run in "offline only" mode - you don't get the same landing page as you do under either of the other two, and that's the one and only page telling me what date the BOL is. For all I know - it's reporting the ONLINE date.

I also can find no mention anywhere in my add/remove any mention of ANY BOL update (even with the show updates checked), so it's rather hard to tell conclusively what I have locally.

I do specifically remember picking it off the list of a SQL reinstall/repatch I did a week and a half ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Interesting, Matt. I just double-checked and had my Windows Update re-check, and it still does not offer September BOL. You must be one of the lucky "early adopters" 😉

Mark

• I knew I saw the BOL update somewhere this morning!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BE6A2C5D-00DF-4220-B133-29C1E0B6585F

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• I knew I saw the BOL update somewhere this morning!

Wayne, that link points to the May 2007 update. Do you have a link to the September 2007 update?

Mark

• Mark Harr (10/15/2007)

I knew I saw the BOL update somewhere this morning!

Wayne, that link points to the May 2007 update. Do you have a link to the September 2007 update?

Interesting. This is where I started: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms166018.aspx

The page above it listed the September update, but then it said the page was last updated in August.

Perhaps some day we'll get the update!

-----

• http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a6f79cb1-a420-445f-8a4b-bd77a7da194b&displaylang=en

from Google is the July update. Live stinks and I'm not sure why.

Still waiting to hear about Sept. I bet they haven't bundled it up, which makes no sense, but certainly they haven't gotten the updates to the web team. My contacts might be OoO today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply