Bizare Issue related to Log Shipping

• Hi

I had Server A which shipping transactions logs to Server B, then applying them instantly to the database on Server B. This configuration was working fine, up until recently. This was set up using the Log Shipping wizard in-built to Management Studio.

For external reasons, I've had to remove the Log Shipping configuration and reconfigure. Since doing so, the backup step works fine. I am however, experiencing errors during the restore/copy step of the process on Server B, which is massively frustrating as the output history of the job isn't giving anything meaningful as to the cause!

I've tried:

1) removing/reconfiguring the Log Shipping numerous times

2) removing/reconfiguring the Log Shipping under different users

3) Manually restoring the Log File, which works!

I just don't understand why the automated agent job as part of the Log Shipping configuration keeps failing with no error message! Is there anyway I can get a more meaningful output from restore/copy process so I can work exactly why the jobs are failing?

• is it copying on the same server or different server? when you 'view history' of the copy job what it says (click on + sign if you have any in history), if it is on different server r u using same account on both servers? have you given permission to that account to copy from the folder. Hope this helps.

• Solved! Not quite sure why though.

The fact that I could restore the log manually, said something was up with the Agent starting automated task. It definitely wasn't a permissions issue. So, I restarted the Agent, and voilà. Fixed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply