BIML and sensitive data.

• Hi All,

Does any of you faced with the case when one of the data source or destination do not have windows authentication access?

If yes, is there any way to keep sensitive connection information like username and password OUTSIDE of the BIML scripts or metadata tables?

2-1-2020 12-20-16 PM

• in dev it should not matter - in all other environments all connections should be either done through the SSIS Catalog as sensitive or stored on a secure configuration database, encrypted and retrieved by the SSIS package and decrypted prior to being used by the connection that needs it.

• I do understand that.

But development code (including BIML scripts and metadata inserts) is committed to the source control system. So I would like to avoid keeping passwords there.

• then don't commit the username/password - that could be on a "do not commit" file on your machine and get BIML to retrieve the username/password part from that file

• I was hoping to get more elegance solution.

As in this case every developer should have this file or it should be located on every machine in the same directory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply